31 December 2014

Music from the heart


Sitting in a restaurant while Tom is playing the guitar, and watching the people around me. There is an Indian couple in the mid forties who I believe to be lovers. They smoke their joint, laugh coquettishly at each others stupid jokes and occasionally clap to Tom's songs. There is the Darjeeling band – a couple who will go on stage soon. They are both skinny, tall, young, and enjoying their fame as musicians. Now it seems like too much work for them and they do not like too much work which, of course, comes only naturally with a fate of rich and famous (I doubt about the rich part though...). The girl has developed crazy manners as a real rockstar; she says she is too tired  to sing, she does not want this and she does not want that. I am wondering if they are indeed going to play tonight since they seem like having a huge fight for whatever reason. 
There is a table with Americans who I have known from before. They are enjoying Tom's music.
And then, there is my dear Tom. He is always a bit nervous before a gig, as each of us would be. However, as soon as he sat at the mic tonight, and realized the sound is a total crap and moreover nothing could be done about it (while the owner of the venue was running helplessly around, fiddling with this and that, not realizing the whole equipment would be best if just thrown into the bin) I think Tom had no other choice only to loosen up since nothing else can get worse. So he started enjoying himself, playing, singing and then suddenly, all that nervousness I was sensing from the whole place, just disappeared. I could feel the energy from him entering our souls... Even I want to keep listening to the songs I've heard him singing for the Nth time. I feel a strength, almost a divine power inside me mixed with a feeling of joy. Joy for whatever reason and no reason at all. I want to keep singing with him, I smile idiotically and do nothing .. well, I gotta go now, I want to listen to him more and more and more...


No comments:

Post a Comment