15 December 2014

At least the bottle was saved...

An update on our journey in India.

When I thought nothing else could surprise me in India I learned a new lesson- yes, there could always be a surprise. Like the heavy rain on Goa when it was supposed to be the best weather. Unfortunately, this little surprise resulted in even much bigger one - the room we are staying in was completely flooded.
Eeeeeverything was wet... Btw this was a last pic I could do on my  full SD card :) what a coincidence

As usual, I was sitting on the beach and selling when little raindrops begun to fall. Tom came to pick me up and as we were walking back home, a heavy rain started. He cursed, I laughed. We reached our room. Opened the doors and looked inside. There was, and quite literally, a waterfall coming down from the roof straight on our bed. The floor was completely flooded, and so were our belongings on the ground. As if the things couldn’t get any worse we had put half of our stuff on a concrete shelf under the rooftop. The shelf was completely under water now. In a sense the waterfall looked somewhat romantic. Then Tom cursed and searched wildly for his laptop and camera which were resting on the shelf. Then it did not feel as romantic anymore...

India is really incredible. It still surprises us. Like the heavy rain, in the mid December, on Goa. Who would have thought so...

But then the bottle of Old Monk was saved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment