27 January 2014

CHAPTER FOUR




The blue city
The blue city
I loved being in Chefchaouen. We met some travelers and hanged out with them in our hotel. I talked mainly with two guys who I found absolutely intriguing. You see, travelers are a weird species. They comprehend life differently; they loose the touch with the real world and then they create their own. I guess they are trying to find the happiness. But what is the happiness? Isn't it just the actual journey we are taking to achieve the ultimate well-being?

They have their dreams too. You shouldn't think that they just wander around, lost, and homeless, broken hearted and sad. They can indeed see the light in the end of the tunnel and they believe they can reach it. Somewhat they believe they can find the nirvana, the final and supreme feeling of a pleasantry.
As we were sitting around the table, drinking sweet tea and the candle was making a romantic ambience, and we discussed what happiness means in our lives,  my cousin said something what really stuck in me.
“It seems to me that everyone travels because they are running away from something, because they are trying to find something else. I travel just because I want to travel. I don't have any other agenda.”
She was very right. My thoughts stopped for a moment and I couldn't find words. We, indeed, looked like a group of desperate people (me including) who all have some issues and that is indeed our reasoning behind the question 'Why did you come to Morocco'.
The blue cityNo, it is not just running away. And no, we don't think that only the travel will bring us the happiness. We are just in between places and need some time off. We need to figure out what to do next. And then we also love to meet new people, finding new places, seeing the sunset differently.
Some people do drugs. Some are addicted on going to the gym. And some go backpacking.




4 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Please keep writing, I will keep trying:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't bear waiting for the next .
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your support :)
    It makes me want to write more and more ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. despite all my dear :) you are quite interesting to read about. Keep it going, I need people like you in my life X

    ReplyDelete