4 August 2014

What am I good for?

I have a problem and I, for the world, do not know what to do about it.
Few times in my life I happened to be very low on cash. I had money for a month only but somehow I did not seem to worry about it too much. Somehow, I'll make it through. And I always had. However, for the first time I am really worried about my finances.
You see, I would not call myself a greedy woman. No, in fact I think money change character; too little money makes you miserable, too much money makes you greedy. I think money is no good for us and the way I see it, it has always been just a necessary means of survival, just a social norm. So why on earth am I worried this time?
I became annoyed, count every single penny, and most of all, each day I cry because I don't know what to do next. Would I be able to find some sort of income soon? A job? A little something on the side?
The circumstances are a bit different this time though. I am responsible for one more person; for my husband. So firstly, I think this is why I am being so overly sensitive (it's not anymore about me being hungry, it's about getting food for a person I hold most dear ) and secondly, well to tell you the truth: I did try to earn some money and I was not as lucky as my other half who, let's be honest, puts sooo much less effort into it (I am referring to the selling part of course.. he actually makes all the stuff) but due to his karma, goodness, looks or who knows what, sells simple stuff for a very good price! Why the heck is he so lucky?? Of course, I am happy at least one of us keeps the family alive, but candidly... I feel as if I failed. I promised myself I will get the income for us but I am not able to. Moreover I am way much better businessperson as he is; yet I am not lucky. One more reason for my frustration is that all this is only reminding me how much would it be better if only I possessed some skills: I can't play any musical instrument, I can't do macrame, sew, make bracelets, carve coconuts or god knows what else my husband is capable of!

The worst part is that he is not aware of his talents (or better to say how easy would it be to make the cash out of it). Anyway, I wrote this post because I have too many questions and no answers. Is there anything I could do better? (of course there is! There always is. But what?!?)

2 comments:

  1. obviously, you are not as creative and skillfull as your man, so I would say - do not keen on crafts and try to get a serious job :-D. like administrative or whatever..I know, probably you dont want to do something you dont like. But not everybody is so lucky to do what they like and earn money of it. Thats life. But as far as you need money, you have to be responsible and to get some normal job for some time (until you find what are you interested in and can earn you money)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that!
    Easy to say, harder to make it done.. However, I have found my ways of enjoying what I'm doing and getting enough money out of it. Actually, more than enough ;) (I was never greedy though.,. Whatever enough means, right ?)

    ReplyDelete