12 August 2013

The soothing cream on your soul


Sunday jazz night at Seven Stars


Most of my Sundays look very similar. I usually spend the whole weekend working so I really appreciate when at the end of it I can just sit down and relax. And my Sunday relax means going to Seven Stars and listen to the soothing tones of jazz music.


The pub hosts a jazz night every Sunday from 4 pm and Tuesdays at 8pm.

Every time someone new plays with the band or they have a different singer. Therefore it is very difficult to call this band by one name but I'll try it anyway. Harry's Tricks. That's what Mike calls it, the leading musician of the band. Yesterday belonged to Dan, Peter, Dave, Dimitri and obviously, Mike. Guys are young and their music is happy and vibrant. They make you want to dance, and smile and laugh and remember the ' good old times'. I guess that's what jazz is about. It is about meeting people, seeing old friends and being happy.
Boys are all very talented as you can see during their solo playing. I love Mike's irresistible singing, I adore Dimitri's trumpet solo and I blush when Dave takes the initiative.


I never used to be a particularly big jazz fan, but thanks to Dimitri who invited me to their gigs, I now can truly say that I am. Their music tastes like that cold beer in the end of the long hot day, like your favorite cake your grandma baked. There is so much joy and positive energy that it surprises me. I always new jazz to be a bit slow and melancholic however these guys showed me a whole new face of this musical style. Their jazz gives you hope and makes your feet move. The tones are not only soothing for your soul, they are lively.
While listening to them I can literally unwind, switch off my life, forget all my troubles and my mind becomes blank. And then I just feel that sweet taste of my favorite cake, slowly swallowing it down my throat. And afterwards, oh well I feel so rejuvenated, full of energy and optimism. Maybe it is just me, and maybe you will feel similarly. Pop in sometimes to Seven Stars and then let me know what experience did the music left in you.


This is not a music review

No comments:

Post a Comment